Hey, y’all! Have any of you ever eaten polk salad? If not, let me tell you, you don’t know what you been missing! They are some of the most delicious spring and summer wild greens you will ever put in your mouth! Here are some a family member of mine cooked yesterday. I’m still smacking my lips!
Cooked down with some onions and a chunk of cornbread on the side, I was in polk salad heaven! Now don’t this just make your mouth water? It’s very simple to prepare. Just follow the steps below.
- Pick and wash your polk salad.
- Boil it until it turns dark green in color.
- Drain it and put it back in your boiler or in a skillet.
- Pour some oil (whatever type you prefer) over it (not too much now–you don’t want it to be too greasy.) Stir and simmer.
- Saute’ your onions in some butter–don’t cook ’em to death because they’ll cook more after you add them to the greens.
- Add onions to the greens. Season to taste, stir, and simmer a little more.
And there you have it! Now, after you taste it, if it ain’t some of the best food you ever put in your mouth, I’ll slap myself. 🙂